As my seminary career is getting closer to being finished, it is time for my self-instituted capstone project. A blog series on the mission and core values of a church that I am called to lead. Now, this is not just a project for me, but it is also an attempt to live out my recent calling to be a church planter in the United Methodist Church. Heather and I are in conversations with my Annual Conference about planting a new church in the Oklahoma conference, and we covet your prayers for mutual discernment about where this call will lead. I feel called to be part of a mother-daughter church plant. My purpose of this blog series is just to flesh out some of these ideas and concepts in the blogging community. It is also to be a place for potential mother-churches to understand my peculiar perspective on church ministry, and be a place for conversations with those congregations. I will attempt to do one blog a week, until it is completed. I hope you enjoy and feel free to comment as you feel lead.
- Mission: Transforming the broken into whole-hearted disciples of Christ signified by our loves and lives.
- Relationally Founded– Right relationships are the heart of our lives and ministry.
- Spiritually Empowered– Embracing the gifts and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Peculiar Grace– Sharing the immense grace of God through extravagant and creative means.
- Radical Hospitality– Going above and beyond to love others into the family of Christ.
- Intentional Discipleship- Growing in faith and love through intentional community.
- Authentic Worship- Seeking to glorify the Triune God through passionate, creative, and genuine expressions.
- Scripturally Grounded- understanding and engaging the transformative Word of God.
- Family Focused- Supporting and empowering the family no matter how unique as a basic unit of Christian discipleship.
- Missionally Orientated- constantly and actively loving our neighbors both near and far.